1. Eat smaller more frequent meals - not only is your metabolism boosted every time you eat something, your body can more efficiently process smaller meals. Break meals up into 5 or 6 smaller meals.
2. Drink more water - regular water intake helps to flush away waste products in the body. Get at least six to eight 8 oz. glasses per day.
3. Be inefficient - Take the stairs, park farther from your office, etc. Being inefficient like this can easily double your activity level, burning calories without even trying.
4. Eat more protein - foods high in protein include chicken, fish, eggs, dairy, beans, lean red meats, etc. Your body burns more calories processing protein than either carbohydrates or fats. Protein also helps to support your muscle tissue, which burns calories all day long!
5. Eat more fiber - fiber is very filling. By eating more fiber rich food you will find yourself full sooner. This feeling of fullness will last a long time as well.
6. Don't let yourself get hungry - when you get hungry you will have a much greater tendency to overeat when you do finally get something to eat.
7. Cycle your calories - If you are eating 2000 calories a day to meet your weight loss goals, try eating over a 4 day period 1500-2200-1300-then 2200, which is a 1800 calorie average, not only will you lose more weight from the calorie reduction but cycling calories prevents a slowing of your metabolism.
8. Wait 20 minutes between servings - your brain takes at least 20 minutes to register that you're full.
9. Write down what you eat - many studies show the mere act of keeping a food dairy helps people eat less, cheat less and lose more weight.